Tuesday 22 September 2015

Giraffes

I managed to finish the `Giraffes' painting with a minimum of fuss, which is how I like it. Others may consider it unfinished but I'm not keen on `finished' paintings, preferring to leave something to the imagination. Interesting animals to paint, the main problem I encounter is being able to do a looser painting when the intricate markings lend themselves to a more realistic approach. There is also a tendency on my part to use small brushes, which is something I try and resist.  


"16 x 12" Arches Hot Press 140lb

Colours were  Schminke Translucent Brown (Pbr41), Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Violet (PV15), Quinacridone Gold (Daniel Smith), Quinacridone Rust (Graham), Burnt Umber and Raw Sienna.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this one a lot, the loose feel enhances the interest of the image.

Peter Ward said...

Thanks Mick.